Veteran’s Day started as a day to reflect upon the heroism of those who died in our country’s service, and was originally called Armistice Day. It fell on Nov. 11 because that is the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. In 1954, the holiday name was changed to “Veterans Day” in order to account for all veterans in all wars.
Today, we mark the day with celebration, honoring America’s veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. In honor of these brave men and women, Consign Furniture is passing savings on to you now through Nov. 12th. Find additional markdowns on everything in the store including sofas, sectionals, ottomans, recliners, artwork and more! Now is the time to get your home ready for the holidays with stylish pieces from the best brands including living room sets, coffee tables, beds, dressers, nightstands, armoires, chests, kid’s bedroom furniture, antiques, collectibles, art and more. And thank you Veterans!
Update your Home with Artwork!
Hanging a piece of artwork or a mirror on your wall is an instant way to update any room in your house! Artwork should add color or express personal style or favorite things. To select the perfect piece of artwork for your home make sure the color or colors have been on your radar for a long time. Don’t let trends dictate your decor choices. Also, make sure it’s something you love. Art is in the eye of the beholder. If you love it, you can always find a great place to put it! Consign Furniture has a large selection of artwork and mirrors for your home. From contemporary pieces to traditional to artsy. Stop by today and check them out!
November Means Pumpkin Pie!
Jazz up your Thanksgiving pie with some yummy spices that give this custardy version a certain lightness of being and a little tang too!
- Frozen pie shell
- 1 (15-ounces) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
- Bake shell as directed. Cool completely.
- Whisk together ingredients and pour into cooled shell.
- Bake until edge of filling is set but center trembles slightly, about 45 minutes (filling will continue to set as it cools). Cool completely.
- Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream (add 1 teaspoon bourbon per 1/2 cup cream if desired)
Cooks’ Note: Pie can be baked 1 day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.