We are Grateful of our Veterans!
Veteran’s Day started as a day to reflect upon the heroism of those who died in our country’s service, and was originally called Armistice Day. It fell on Nov. 11 because that is the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. In 1954, the holiday name was changed to “Veteran’s Day” in order to account for all veterans in all wars.
Today, we mark the day with celebration, honoring America’s veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. Consign Furniture is saying thank you to these brave men and women by offering 25% off everything in store for all active and retired military now through Nov. 11th. Now is the time to get your home ready for the holidays with stylish pieces from the best brands including Ethan Allen, LaZBoy, Stickley, Heritage, Pottery Barn, Drexel and more. Thank you Veterans!
Get Ready for Holiday Entertaining!
Thanksgiving is the time of year when we share a delicious festive meal with family and friends. Although the food is the center point of celebrating this holiday, the turkey shouldn’t be the only beautiful part of your dining table display. Now is the time to update your dining room to accommodate those guests and impress them with spectacular Thanksgiving table settings. Right now we have a large selection of beautiful dining tables in store, from traditional wood, to marble and glass in rectangle, oval and round shapes. Whatever your need, let Consign Furniture help you get the table to perfectly fit your space. Use the coupon below to save an additional 10% off your purchase.
November Means Pumpkin Pie!
Jazz up your Thanksgiving pie with some yummy spices that give this custardy version a certain lightness of being and a little tang too!
- Frozen pie shell
- 1 (15-ounces) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
- 2.Bake shell as directed. Cool completely.
- 3.Whisk together ingredients and pour into cooled shell.
- 4.Bake until edge of filling is set but center trembles slightly, about 45 minutes. Cool completely.
- 5. Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream (add 1 teaspoon bourbon per 1/2 cup cream if desired)