Give Dad the gift of entertainment this Father’s Day!
This Father’s Day give dad something he will enjoy all year long – his own game room. We have a large selection of pool tables and accessories, a gaming table with chairs, round tables perfect for a poker game, and plenty of comfortable recliners and sofas. If dad likes the great outdoors, check out our outdoor patio sets for the perfect BBQ! Or, if dad is a hunter, fill his man cave with taxidermy! We have beautiful animals on display in the store. And to make this day extra special, June 17 – 19, buy online at consignfurniturenow.com and get 20% off! Use promo code DADS22 at check out to receive your discount..
GRILL KILLER KABOBS
Whether you are making beef or chicken kabobs, cook perfectly tender meat with those iconic cross-hatch marks with these tips:
- Cut the meats and veggies into similar shapes and sizes, so they cook evenly. And cut them slightly bigger than the space between the grill grates.
- Grilling consistently over medium heat is better than using high heat. You’ll get tough, burned, or even scorched pieces with anything above 400F.
- Cooking times: meats, such as chicken and beef, need 12-15 minutes total. Fish and vegetables require about 10 minutes.
- Cooking to temperature will always yield the best results: 165F for chicken and 145F for beef and fish.
PREPARING A DRY RUB
Rubs are a blend of seasonings and spices with no liquid. It’s “rubbed” into the meat so it adheres to the surface and creates a delicious, flavorful crust. This method works with any protein of choice, but I get the best results when using it on beef kabobs.
Here’s how to prepare and use a dry rub:
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoon celery seeds or powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breast or beef, cube
In a small bowl, add the dry rub ingredients, and stir to combine.
Place the chicken or beef on a flat surface and sprinkle with 4 tablespoons of the dry rub mixture. Using your hands, thoroughly rub the seasonings into the meat.
Thread the cubes of meat onto the skewers, alternating with vegetables, if using.
It’s out with the old and in with the new!
We are filled to the brim with high-quality consignment furniture so we’re passing the savings on to you! June 22 – 27, stop by Consign Furniture and see the amazing inventory we have in stock and ready for immediate delivery! And everything in the store will be 20% off! Save on sofas, bedroom sets, rugs, accessories, dining tables and more. Bring something new into your home and save 20%!